Friday, August 10, 2007

Beastie BBQ and those dubious Southern boys


"Soo what cha' what cha' whach' wan - what cha wan..." the Beastie Boys blared out Wednesday night at Summer Stage in Central Park. At the height of the concert, I felt like I was at a friend's BBQ in the woods listening to the most fabulous Beastie Boys' live CD. Thank god that was not the reality and only a delusion aided by the beer, pot, nitrous oxide, and AMAZING BBQ that was making the rounds amongst the crew. The Beastie Boys were indeed fabulous, but not recorded. Those boys worked it out live! Awesome!

Also worth mentioning about that night as a nice guy I met from New Orleans. A friend of a friend of a friend, this third generation pal struck me almost immediately as a good ole' fashioned blaspheming homo. As he spoke more, though, it became clearer that he was straight. At least I think... Gosh, does being back home in NY mean that my gaydar needs an adjustment period as well. Those boys from the South always got my needle buzzing in weird ways. It's that drawl. Damnedit!

* A note on the pic : I snapped it from my Twitter page, my latest obsession. It's microbloggin' from your Mac or phone (or for those of you with the iPhone, Apple's latest sex toy, both). Why should Big Brother be the only one to know where you are all the time, join Twitter and then my community. My Twitter page can be connected to on this page by clicking on "What's that fag up to now?!?" on your right. TTYL!

No comments: