Friday, December 28, 2007

Pink Lady ・ ピンク・レディー

Photobucket
I knew I was getting better at Japanese when I could sing a couple of lines from a Pink Lady song. Since everyone in Japan knows this duo and their songs (a usual pick at any karaoke outing), my lyrical skills proved to be a good ice breaker when miming and voguing just weren't enough breach the communication gap. After teaching in the countryside and moving to the city I learned that Pink Lady wasn't just MY obsession, but also the idols of the gay Japanese community at large. Uh Duh! Loved for their pop, uppity ditties and even more for their ricockulous choreography, Mie and Kei are held close to the hearts of many fags worldwide.

These are three of my favorite Pinku Reidei songs. ゲイポワー!


"Carmen" [カルマン] English lyrics here.
Ki ito Ki ito suki na sase masu = I'll surely surely make you love me
Be sure to use that one at the bar faggots.



"UFO" No Japanese?
Chikyuu u no otoko ni akita tokoro yo = I'm bored of earth men
OK sistas!


"Monster" [モンスター] Find me the words online?

1 comment:

Dainmymi said...

pinku ladies desu! the like originators of jpop :D love it!