Thursday, July 30, 2009

DQS4RIL

OMG, I stalk drag queens. It's horrible, but as you may know, BLACK PANDA needs a REASON TO LIVE.

Last night I collected another queen to add to my collection - none other than the winner of RuPaul's Drag Race herself,

Ms. BeBe Zahara Benet.

If you had not known, BeBe is the subject of a documentary that is three years in the making. The filmmakers staged a benefit on the Bowery to finance their project. Cover was $10, but the meeting of a superstar was invaluable.

BeBe's first masqueraded performance was very 3D as she hopped off the satge to meet and greet the very die hard BeBe fans that braved torrential downpour to make the event. Does anyone know what song this is?



After that first prance BeBe zipped away for a quick wardrobe change and come back with a heat-wrenching rendition of "The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney.



She turned it out with that head piece ensemble.

It was only a matter of time before my stalkerdom would reach another notch on the scary scale. And when the time came, I had to do it FACE FACE FACE style.



BeBe loved the shirt, which was inspired by her "rhyme" from Drag Race. She thought it was "too gay".

Me: BeBe, I'm afraid it's too big...

BeBe: What do you mean?

Me: The Shirt... I'm afraid it won't be cute on you...

BeBe: Oh oh, I will put stones on it...

Me: Work it out...

BeBe (to her documentarian): Did you see the shirt he made...?!?!

A philanthropist at heart, FDP/SQBF helped to raise more money for the documentary by bidding and winning two items in the silent auction - one of which was BeBe's book "Bella Donna".




So, you know when we won, we had to get it signed...but of course.




Yes, I think she thought I was crazay.

But I'm not. The question still remains, though - who will be the next queen to collect?

I already have Nina, Akashia, and BeBe... I'm going to Asia next.



Ms. Ongina girl, this Drag Queen Stalker 4 RIL got your number.

4RIL.

1 comment:

jenn said...

I'm mad uwhora: its Tina Turner's Goldeneye...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkBYVNrjjIs