Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Art Director Under the Stairs


So, it's been a rough and tumble week (hence the lack of postings here), but I'm back to my furry self. Here are tranny Wicket's highlights of the week.

M - Began my new job as the art department at the NYC Opera. It's going to be quite a ride as well since, along with all the other art institutions in NYC, we're re-branding ourselves. I already feel re-branded in my new fur. I really do prefur fur. On my first day on the job, I asked my new boss if he was a "hot tranny mess". He opted for "hot mess" - left out the tranny. But I think Thailand is in his vacation plans this year, so...



A re-envisioning of Lincoln Center (where I work) by Diller Scofidio + Renfro. Will I see this happen?

T - I met Andy Warhol's 3rd cousin at a party thrown by Diva's friend, Marvy. Not to be confused with my friend Marvy, who supplied me with my new fur. Thanks Doc, I hope you're eating lots of BBQ in your new digs and blending in just fine with those cubist neighbors of yours.

Andy's cuz was nice and apparently a good illustrator. He had the word "Aun" tatooed on one wrist and "Aprendo" on the other. Taken from Goya, it translates to "I'm still learning". I thought it was cute.

W - Did I mention that at my new JOB I'm working under the stairs. Oh, and we're all gay. At least the boyz are. Quite interesting to have marketing meetings with a 100% gay male contingent. "Gurrls!"

Th - Never have I felt so comfortable leaving a building in my cape. It seems to fit the Opera. Thursday night meant going to a Dangerous Mathematicians party with Gwaala. The nudist she is, she saw an opportunity to get free lingerie and seized upon it. For just hanging out in a bra all evening at the boutique, she was able to score it fur free. Work Gwaala Gurl! It was cute.

F - Lunchtime with all the queers at Sapphire in Columbus circle. I am so not of the theater world, let alone the opera universe. I can see that this is going to be fun. I'm going to see if I can get a copy of this, though. I"ll ask my boss if I can expense it!



ttyl

thmhmtmtmt
(tranny hot mess hot mess tranny mess tranny mess tranny)

No comments: