Friday, January 30, 2009

This Bald Bitch!



OK, so anyone that knows me knows that I am in the camp of the Wookies before that of the Klingons. But with the new Star Trek movie coming out (see HOT trailer below), I have decided to shack up with Vancouver and watch all of the movies in sequence. We've gotten through the first four. Here are the reviews.

ST The Motion Picture
I think this movie should be screened in The Whitney on a regular, looping schedule. Didn't they mean for it to be a piece of conceptual art?

ST2: The Wrath of Kahn
Fantasy Island in space? I liked this one. Good save from the attempt at over intellectualizing ST in the prior movie. Nice extreme close ups of Kirk's mouth too.

ST3: The Search for Spock
Not as bad as Vancouver led me to believe. Shots of the Klingon planet are a bit reminiscent of Dune to me. I like Spock's robe too. Klingon or Galliano?

ST4: The Voyage Home
Poor acting, but funny. Maybe funny b/c of poor acting? And do we still have humpback whales anyway?

Anyhooser... now onto the bald bitch. At this point, she's definitely one of the more memorable characters in the film series. I think I just like her hairdo. I also like that Vancouver gave her a strap on. Fuck THAT ass!

Live long...

... and bone.

No comments: