Sunday, June 22, 2008

Totally Drinkin It


OMG - when did I start drinking the Kool Aid and become an opera fan? VIP seats never hurt.

Weeny's friend at the Met was able to snag some great tix for this event. Food, folks, and fags, I thought - why not.

Here is some footage of the two stars working it out in front of the gazillion people at the park that evening. Angela Gheorghiu's voice was AMAZING, while her husband, Roberto Alagna, was a complete clown/ham. I've come to realize that opera stars that don't take themselves too seriously are my fave. I love it when they have the chutzpah to walk off stage mid performance as well. Fuck the crowds man. Seeing two human beings on stage with amazing talents was like drinking some Tropical Punch Kool Aid - also my fave.

Weeny: Hey DM, you want to go backstage?
Meeny: Shyeah.
And with that I met my new fave Opera stars–the woman who I'd love to sing me a lullaby and the man whose mane I'd love to braid. Oh man, is the Opera Art Director coming out?


1 comment:

jenn said...

That Kool-Aid shit cracked me up.
Scary Monster.