Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Queen and I


WHH was last night The Scholar and I attended The Isabel Toledo show at FIT. TOO FAB. TOO MUCH. I STILL CAN'T. Not only were we hobknobbing with Fashion's glitterati, but we got out photo taken on the red carpet as well. Work it out.
The poor lighting of this shot does not clearly illustrate how Amazing the show was. I had known of Isabel's work as a fashion designer for a while now, but what I had not known was how prolific and experimental she is as a creative person. The work made me wet with delight...
... as do Ruben's illustrations. HIs wispy lines and textures brush stokes definitely float my boat. It is amazing to see his work around the actual garments and then think about the collaboration between the two. Process feeding process. Love it.
Perhaps my favorite piece of the evening (or just one of them). I love the shape and the peek-a-boo sheer quality of it all. The hood is fab too.
This was The Scholar's favorite piece of the evening. Or was that just a lie that she told Simon Doonan? lol.

Something must be said for all of Isabel's PANDA help with the creation of her marvelous pieces. I thought it was fitting to have a pic of BP the Toledo Unit in the exhibition next to The Dress. You know, THE DRESS.


Love the Ruben sketch.

And of course, as with any fashion opening, the trannies and the tranny chasers were OUT. It was a veritable who's who of NY fashion that night. Some out spottings included: Austin Scarlett, Simon Doonan, Kim Hastreiter, Narcisso Rodriguez, Betsy Johnson, Cecelia Dean, Michael Musto, and Joey Arias to name just a few. See for yourself here.

The night concluded with me being in a Betsy Johnson, Toledo sandwich. It was a fablulous show and we all had to debrief.
me and toledos


Betsy- Work it. Work it. Own it.


And with that I must say that you MUST see this show. It was fab. They were fab. And we were too.

PS - the above photo, from left to right: Faggotries, Fictions, and Facts. !!!!!!!! .


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The show was so fab. and I wasnt lying to cute little Simon-- yes, that jacket was one of my fave pieces. It was too hawt. But I would have worn/owned everything I saw in the room if this Scholar could afford such a wardrobe.

Also I must say as the 'Facts' in the last foto, the Scholar is over the moon to have even been in the room...

Now its just time to figure out what to wear for Divas! Cause after seeing how diva-ed out last nite was, I gotta style on these bitches come next Wed...

I CAN'T!!!! I SOOOOO CANT!!!!!!

jenn said...

OMG DONE! STOP!