Sunday, October 19, 2008

ART FAG(gotries) II: Gilbert and George Can Suck My Cock


I loved the show at the Brooklyn Museum. The cult of personality that embodies the oeuvre of Gilbert and George always had a strong effect on my creative side. It was this team of sculptors that first showed me that one can build an art career on queer identity, erotic exhibitionism, and a witty sense of humor. While at the exhbition, I learned that:

Alcohol can help one's process

Bathroom stall art can be part of a museum exhibition

Fingers are fuckable (lies, I've know that since I was 12)

Happiness can be interesting

Gilbert is Italian by birth

Being Dirty and Old can translate into being wooed by the Tate

It's not just a summer delicasse

In the end, I'd throw it at G&G. Those sperm eaters can suck my cock anytime.

No comments: